A rematch of the 2009 MLS Cup final is scheduled for the Western Conference final, with Los Angeles hosting RSL.
|LA Galaxy (4-4-2): Saunders; Franklin, DeLaGarza, Gonzalez, Dunivant; Magee, Juninho, Beckham, Donovan; Barrett, Keane.
OUT: DF Sean Alvarado (R knee surgery); DF Leonardo (R knee surgery)
QUESTIONABLE: MF David Beckham (back spasms); DF Gregg Berhalter (R foot sprain); DF Bryan Jordan (L middle finger tendon rupture)
|Real Salt Lake (4-4-2): Rimando; Russell, Borchers, Schuler, Wingert; Williams, Beckerman, Morales, Johnson; Saborio, Espindola.
OUT: MF Nelson González (R foot fracture)
DOUBTFUL: FW Cody Arnoux (L hamstring strain); DF Blake Wagner (R adductor strain)
QUESTIONABLE: DF Nat Borchers (L quadriceps strain); DF Jamison Olave (R quadriceps strain)
||DID YOU KNOW?|
- Los Angeles advanced to a third consecutive conference final thanks to a 3-1 aggregate win over the New York Red Bulls. Former NY attacker Mike Magee scored crucial goals in both legs.
- Salt Lake makes it three conference finals in four years thanks to a nervy 3-2 aggregate win over Seattle Sounders FC. A makeshift backline managed to hold the Sounders to a 2-0 win in the second leg after the team went three goals up in the first.
- Starting centerback pairing Nat Borchers and Jamison Olave missed the second leg with quad strains. Both are in doubt for Sunday's match against the Galaxy. David Beckham is also questionable with back spasms.
- The Galaxy, who won the Supporters' Shield, have not lost at home all year.
- The Galaxy's win over New York, coupled with Seattle's U.S. Open Cup triumph, means a spot in next year's CONCACAF Champions League falls to RSL, regardless of the outcome in this match.