The bottom of the Western Conference heap surprisingly includes the Galaxy, trailing Portland by a point.
|LA Galaxy (4-4-2): Saunders; Franklin, DeLaGarza, Lopes, Dunivant; Donovan, Beckham, Juninho, Magee; Buddle, Keane.
OUT: DF Omar Gonzalez (L knee surgery); DF Leonardo (R knee surgery); GK Brian Perk (sports hernia surgery)
QUESTIONABLE: MF David Beckham (back spasms); MF Michael Stephens (R ankle sprain)
|Portland Timbers (4-4-2): Perkins; Palmer, Mosquera, Brunner, Chabala; Alhassan, Chara, Jewsbury, Songo'o; Nagbe, Boyd.
OUT: GK Joe Bendik (R knee meniscus surgery); DF Futty Danso (L foot fracture); FW Eddie Johnson (concussion); MF James Marcelin (L hamstring strain); DF Rodney Wallace (L ankle sprain)
DOUBTFUL: GK Jake Gleeson (R knee IT band tightness); DF David Horst (R hip surgery)
QUESTIONABLE: MF Sal Zizzo (L ACL surgery)
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- These two teams prop up the Western Conference, with reigning Supporters' Shield and MLS Cup champion LA surprisingly last on three points from four games. Portland has one more point but has played one extra game.
- The only time the Galaxy started a season worse, 1999, they played in the MLS Cup. Los Angeles has lost two games in a row, a first since 2010. The team hasn't dropped three consecutive matches since Bruce Arena took over in August 2010.
- Each team won 3-0 at home in this matchup last season.
- Portland lost 2-1 to Chivas USA last week, the first time the Timbers have lost when leading at halftime. The result also tied a club record for consecutive defeats (three).
- Galaxy players Josh Saunders and Bryan Jordan are former USL Timbers.