Major League Soccer's marquee matchup will lose a bit of its luster with the absences of Henry and Marquez.
|LA Galaxy (4-4-2): Gaudette; Franklin, Junior Lopes, DeLaGarza, Dunivant; Magee, Beckham, Juninho, Donovan; Buddle, Keane.
OUT: DF Omar Gonzalez (L knee surgery); DF Leonardo (R knee surgery)
QUESTIONABLE: GK Brian Perk (sports hernia surgery)
|New York Red Bulls (4-4-2): Meara; Solli, Holgersson, Ruthven, Lade; Barklage, McCarty, Ballouchy, Lindpere; Richards, Cooper.||
OUT: MF Teemu Tainio (R knee sprain); FW Thierry Henry (R hamstring strain); FW Jose Angulo (R knee sprain); DF Stephen Keel (back strain); DF Roy Miller (L knee effusion); DF Wilman Conde (L groin strain)
QUESTIONABLE: FW Juan Agudelo (L knee surgery recovery); DF Jan Gunnar Solli (L calf strain)
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- These teams employ the five highest earners in MLS: David Beckham, Thierry Henry, Rafael Marquez, Robbie Keane and Landon Donovan.
- Both of New York's Designated Players will miss the match. Henry picked up a hamstring strain and will be out for a month. Marquez is serving the last of a three-match ban for breaking Shea Salinas' clavicle.
- LA's DPs should return. Beckham and Keane skipped the midweek trip to Seattle, where the Galaxy collected a 2-0 loss and dutifully headed back home.
- Los Angeles is in seventh in the West, with 10 points from eight games. New York only has three more points, but is in third in the East. (The Galaxy would be fourth in the East.)
- When these teams met in the playoffs last year, the Galaxy advanced, eventually winning the 2011 MLS Cup.