The megabucks matchup of the MLS playoffs heads back to southern California with the Galaxy holding a 1-0 advantage.
|LA Galaxy (4-4-2): Saunders; Franklin, DeLaGarza, Gonzalez, Dunivant; Magee, Cardozo, Beckham, Donovan; Barrett, Keane.
OUT: DF Sean Alvarado (R knee surgery); DF Leonardo (R knee surgery)
QUESTIONABLE: MF David Beckham (back spasms); DF Gregg Berhalter (R foot sprain); DF Bryan Jordan (L middle finger tendon rupture)
|Philadelphia Union (4-4-2): Rost; Solli, Keel, Ream, Miller; Richards, McCarty, Tainio, Lindpere; Rodgers, Henry.
OUT: DF Chris Albright (R calf strain); MF Sacir Hot (R knee surgery); MF Carl Robinson (R knee contusion)
||DID YOU KNOW?|
- The Galaxy won the first leg 1-0 in New Jersey. Former New York player Mike Magee scored the only goal.
- Juninho and Rafa Marquez are suspended for this match after being ejected for participating in an unseemly - albeit amusing - brawl following the final whistle of the first leg.
- David Beckham has an assist in three playoff matches in a row. The Englishman's contract with MLS expires at the end of the season, though both parties have talked positively about a possible extension. Paris Saint-Germain and Tottenham have both made public passes at Beckham in recent weeks as well.
- Los Angeles finished the regular season unbeaten at home. The Red Bulls earned a 1-1 draw from their regular season visit to the Home Depot Center.
- Hilario Grajeda will referee the match.