Jockeying for position in the West, Los Angeles hosts a potentially tricky Colorado team on home turf.
|LA Galaxy (4-4-2): Saunders; Franklin, Gonzalez, DeLaGarza, Dunivant; Jimenez, Stephens, Juninho, Magee; Buddle, Keane.
OUT: DF Leonardo (R knee inflammation); MF Kyle Nakazawa (back spasms)
QUESTIONABLE: MF David Beckham (L ankle sprain); FW Landon Donovan (L hamstring strain); DF David Junior Lopes (L ankle sprain)
|Colorado Rapids (4-2-3-1): Pickens; Moor, Wynne, Marshall, Zapata; Larentowicz, Thomas; Castrillon, Rivero, Cascio; Akpan.
OUT: DF Anthony Wallace (L Achilles tear); MF Pablo Mastroeni (headaches); FW Edu (R foot contusion)
PROBABLE: FW Omar Cummings (R ankle soreness); FW Conor Casey (R knee soreness)
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- With their 3-0 win over Portland on Sept. 5, the Rapids scored three goals for the first time in over two months, having last done so on June 30, also against Portland. Jaime Castrillón scored his team-leading seventh goal, and also added an assist.
- That win was just Colorado's third MLS victory since May. In a dismal June-July-August swing, the Rapids eked out a 2-11-1 record.
- David Beckham scored his seventh goal of the season in the Galaxy’s 2-0 win Sept. 1 against Vancouver. Four of his goals this season have come directly from free kicks.
- MLS announced earlier this week that Galaxy stars David Beckham and Landon Donovan had the first and third best-selling jerseys in MLS, respectively, so far this season.
- Andre Akpan's opening goal in Colorado's 3-0 win over Portland was the forward's first of the season, and just the second in his three-year MLS career.