The Galaxy look to continue on its way to the Supporters' Shield in a Friday night matchup against Colorado.
|LA Galaxy (4-4-2): Saunders; Franklin, Gonzalez, DeLaGarza, Dunivant; Donovan, Beckham, Juninho, Magee; Cristman, Keane.||
OUT: DF Sean Alvarado (R knee surgery); DF Gregg Berhalter (R foot sprain); DF Leonardo (R knee surgery);
QUESTIONABLE: MF David Beckham (back spasms); GK Donovan Ricketts (L ulna fracture)
|Colorado Rapids (4-4-2): Pickens; Earls, Wynne, Marshall, Kimura; Mullan, Mastroeni, Larentowicz, Thompson; Nyassi, Folan.
OUT: FW Conor Casey (L achilles tear); DF Anthony Wallace (L knee sprain);
QUESTIONABLE: MF Jamie Smith (R hamstring strain / R calf strain);
PROBABLE: GK Matt Pickens (R groin strain)
||DID YOU KNOW?|
The Galaxy drew 2-2 at Kansas City on Labor Day in its most recent league match. Sean Franklin scored both goals.
- The Rapids fell 2-0 at Chicago in their most recent match on Aug. 27. The loss snapped their unbeaten streak at six games.
- The Galaxy can become the first team in MLS to clinch a spot in the 2011 playoffs with either a win or a draw against Colorado, combined with Chivas USA, New York and Portland Timbers all failing to win on Saturday.
- Colorado stalwart defender Drew Moor will miss this match due to card accumulation.
- The Galaxy has yet to lose at home this season, posting a 8-0-5 record.
- David Beckham is now the sixth player in LA Galaxy history to record 12 assists in one season. He currently sits in second place in MLS in assists, one behind Houston's Brad Davis.