Chivas USA won a SuperClasico earlier this year for the first time since 2008 and comes into this match with the best defensive record and worst offensive record in MLS.
|LA Galaxy (4-4-2): Saunders; Franklin, DeLaGarza, Junior Lopes, Dunivant; Jimenez, Juninho, Beckham, Stephens; Keane, Donovan.
OUT: DF Andrew Boyens (L sports hernia surgery); FW Edson Buddle (R knee surgery); MF Dan Keat (R knee surgery); DF Leonardo (R knee inflammation)
QUESTIONABLE: DF Omar Gonzalez (L knee surgery); MF Mike Magee (R shin hematoma); MF Kyle Nakazawa (back spasms); FW Pat Noonan (R quad strain)
|Chivas USA (4-2-3-1): Kennedy; Riley, Valencia, Califf, Jazic; LaBrocca, Zemanski; Bolanos, Cardozo, Smith; Angel.
OUT: MF Marvin Iraheta (L knee ACL); MF Oswaldo Minda (L shoulder)
DOUBTFUL: FW Juan Agudelo (L knee)
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- These teams are fifth and sixth in the Western Conference. LA has 27 points, Chivas USA 23. However, the Galaxy have played three extra games.
- The Goats won the SuperClasico on May 19, a Jose Erick Correa penalty deciding the 1-0 result. Before that, the Galaxy had won six straight times against Chivas USA and was on an 11-game unbeaten run.
- Since 2008, Los Angeles has only lost once to Chivas USA.
- The Galaxy scored five goals in their last home match, a high for the club since 2008.
- Chivas USA leads the league with only 18 goals conceded all season. However, the club is worst in MLS with only 12 goals this year.