Chivas USA, already eliminated from playoff contention, searches for a first win in nine league meetings against the Supporters' Shield-winning Galaxy.
|LA Galaxy (4-4-2): Saunders; Jordan, DeLaGarza, Gonzalez, Dunivant; Birchall, Juninho, Cardozo, Stephens; Barrett, Cristman.||
OUT: DF Sean Alvarado (R knee surgery); DF Sean Franklin (R knee inflammation); DF Leonardo (R knee surgery)
QUESTIONABLE: MF David Beckham (back spasms); DF Gregg Berhalter (R foot sprain); FW Landon Donovan (R quadriceps strain); FW Robbie Keane (L adductor strain); FW Mike Magee (R hamstring strain); GK Donovan Ricketts (R quad tightness)
|Chivas USA (4-4-2): Kennedy; Valentin, Junior Lopes, Boyens, Jazic; Braun, Elliott, LaBrocca, Flores; Angel, Moreno.||
OUT: MF Paulo Nagamura (R foot); DF Michael Umaña (L knee)
DOUBTFUL: DF Heath Pearce (hamstring)
PROBABLE: MF Ben Zemanski (L ankle); FW Justin Braun (R calf)
||DID YOU KNOW?|
The LA Galaxy already wrapped up the Supporters' Shield. Chivas USA cannot qualify for the playoffs.
- The SuperClasico marks the final home game of the season for the Galaxy, who are aiming to become just the third team in MLS history to go undefeated for the season at home, along with Real Salt Lake last year (11-0-4) and the San Jose Earthquakes in 2005 (9-0-7).
- Juan Pablo Ángel has scored six goals in the last four games for Chivas USA, giving him 10 for the season. He has now scored in double-digits in goals in each of his five seasons in MLS.
- Chivas USA hasn't defeated the Galaxy since the 2007 season, losing six of the nine league meetings since (with three draws). The Goats have scored just one goal in the last six regular season games against LA.
- In the first SuperClasíco this season, Chad Barrett’s goal in the 26nd minute was the only strike of the game in a 1-0 Galaxy victory on May 21.
- All three of LA's Designated Players - Landon Donovan, David Beckham and Robbie Keane - will miss the match through injury.