There is no love lost between the Giallorossi coach and the Turin outfit after relations turned sour and the 65-year-old will be eager to put a black mark on the Bianconeri record.
Bonucci, Barzagli, Chiellini
Vidal, Marchisio, Pirlo, Lichtsteiner, Asamoah
Piris, Burdisso, Castan, Balzaretti
Bradley, De Rossi, Florenzi
Lamela, Osvaldo, Totti
It is 44 not out for Juventus as it looks to continue its incredible unbeaten run when it hosts Roma on Saturday. Antonio Conte and Massimo Carrera's men fought out a 0-0 draw with Fiorentina midweek as the Viola made them work hard for a point in Florence and perhaps Vincenzo Montella's side will feel aggrieved it did not gain all three.
Zdenek Zeman's team meanwhile has been stuttering for form of late and despite beating Inter 3-1 a couple of weeks ago at San Siro, it has since recently lost 3-2 to Bologna, after taking a two-goal lead, and drew 1-1 at home to 10-man Sampdoria on Wednesday.
The games between the two are usually an enticing encounter - the last match in April finished 4-0 to the Bianconeri - but perhaps this fixture holds more importance and intrigue than normal with Zeman visiting Juventus Stadium for the first time, the man who led accusations of a doping scandal against the Turin outfit in the 90s. Since then, there has been a hostile relationship between him and the club and how he would love to be the one to prevent Juve's unbeaten run from continuing.
The Serie A champion will be without Simone Pepe and Simone Padoin. Claudio Marchisio is set to be re-instated along with Mirko Vucinic and Alessandro Matri.
The visiting Roma is without duo Miralem Pjanic and Dodo. Meanwhile, Pablo Osvaldo is expected to replace young Italian striker Mattia Destro.
|DID YOU KNOW?
- Juventus' Andrea Pirlo (pictured right) will face Roma for the 21st time on Saturday. His record so far against the Giallorossi is eight wins, six draws and six defeats.
- The Bianconeri midfielder Kwadwo Asamoah leads the way in the assist chart with three from five matches. Roma's Francesco Totti has two.
- The Old Lady, having gone a season unbeaten, last lost in Serie A to Parma on May 15, 2011.
- Roma has only been able to secure one victory in its last 14 Serie A encounters against Juventus which stretches back to February 2004.
- After scoring against Sampdoria midweek, Francesco Totti has become third joint top goalscorer of all time in Serie A with 216. He joins Giuseppe Meazza and Jose Altafini.
- The Giallorossi coach Zdenek Zeman had been away from Serie A for seven years until joining the club in the summer after leading Pescara to the Serie B title and promotion.