It may be the last time that Del Piero and Totti meet as the Turin giant looks to stay one step ahead of AC Milan and the visitor hopes for Champions League qualification.
Lichtsteiner, Bonucci, Barzagli, Chiellini
Vidal, Pirlo, Marchisio
Pepe, Quagliarella, Vucinic
Rosi, Kjaer, De Rossi, Angel
Pjanic, Gago, Marquinho
Once again, Juventus coach Antonio Conte will have a full squad at his disposal with no suspensions or injuries to worry him.
His main concern will be deciding between a 3-5-2 and 4-3-3 formation, with the latter looking more likely in order to more closely match up against the Giallorossi. The recent good form of center back Leonardo Bonucci could result in Giorgio Chiellini being pushed out to the left of the defense.
Meanwhile, Fabio Quagliarella seems set to lead the line upfront, but Alessandro Matri and Marco Borriello are also in contention to start. Bianconeri talisman Alessandro Del Piero, set to leave the club at the end of the season, could face fellow Serie A icon Francesco Totti for the final time in his career.
On the opposite side of the pitch, Roma boss Luis Enrique has been toying with the idea of using Daniele De Rossi in defense during recent training sessions, a tactic he used earlier in the season as injury-prone Nicolas Burdisso and Juan remain on the sidelines - meaning ex-Real Madrid man Fernando Gago would anchor the midfield.
In-form Pablo Daniel Osvaldo is certain to start in attack as Erik Lamela and Fabio Borini, who could return from a leg muscle injury, vie for the remaining spot ahead of playmaker and captain Totti.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Juventus remains unbeaten in Serie A and has the best defense, conceding just 18 goals and only allowing one in its last six matches.
- Conte's team has drawn the most times in the top flight this season, sharing the spoils a total of 14 times thus far.
- Del Piero has bagged a total of 10 Serie A goals against the capital side in his career, his second-favorite target after Siena.
- Roma has only been able to secure one victory in its last 13 Serie A encounters against Juventus.
- Summer signing Osvaldo has four goals in his last five matches and a total of 11 in 23 appearances during the 2011-12 league campaign.
- The Giallorossi have won just one of their last seven matches on the road in Serie A, a 1-0 victory against Palermo on March 10.