Vincenzo Montella's men travel to Milan on Sunday with the host desperate for victory following four consecutive defeats in Serie A, but the visitor could draw level on points.
Faraoni, Lucio, Samuel, Nagatomo
Zanetti, Stankovic, Cambiasso
Motta, Spolli, Legrottaglie, Marchese
Seymour, Lodi, Almiron
Barrientos, Bergessio, Gomez
Claudio Ranieri's side has a few injury concerns going into Sunday's clash, with Andrea Ranocchia and Ricardo Alvarez ruled out with thigh and muscle strains, respectively. Freddy Guarin is still nursing the calf injury that has plagued him since signing from Porto in January.
However, the host could be boosted by the return of Maicon after the Brazil international returned to training following a knee injury. Although he is unlikely to start the tie, the former Monaco man may well feature from the bench.
The visitor will travel to Milan without the services of Alessandro Potenza, with the former Fiorentina defender ruled out for the rest of the season with a cruciate ligament injury. Andrea Campagnolo and David Suazo will also miss out.
||DID YOU KNOW?|
- Inter has lost five of its last six league matches.
- The Nerazzurri have drawn the least amount of games of any club in Serie A this term (three).
- The host has both scored and conceded 34 times this season.
- Ranieri's men have not won in Serie A since the 2-1 victory over Lazio back in January.
- Catania has won exactly a third of its league games this campaign (eight).
- The visitors have only failed to score in one of their last 11 league encounters.
- Montella's side has lost three of its last four away games in Serie A.