Vancouver will have to do what no team has done if it is to protect its 100 percent record: beat Houston in Houston
|Houston Dynamo (4-4-2): Hall; Sarkodie, Chabala, Boswell, Ashe; Creavalle, Moffat, Barnes, Driver; Bruin, Weaver.||
OUT: Calen Carr (L knee)
|Vancouver Whitecaps (4-2-3-1): Cannon; Lee, O'Brien, Rusin, Rochat; Reo-Coker, Davidson; Kobayashi, Sanvezzo, Koffie; Mattocks.
OUT: Bryce Alderson (R knee pain) Jay DeMerit (L torn Achilles tendon) Omar Salgado (R foot pain)
QUESTIONABLE: Matt Watson (R knee pain)
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Vancouver has won both games it has played this season, one of just two teams in MLS yet to drop points. The other is fellow Canadian club Montreal, which has won all three of its games.
- Houston has yet to lose a competitive match at BBVA Compass Stadium.
- The Dynamo come into this game on the heels of a tough loss to Lone Star State rival FC Dallas. Vancouver is coming in fresh off a bye week.
- Houston is missing three players on international duty. Oscar Boniek Garcia has been called up for Honduras, and Jermaine Taylor is with the Jamaica squad. Brad Davis was a late addition to the USA. Likewise, Vancouver will be without the services of Scotland international Kenny Miller.
- Darren Mattocks scored six of his eight goals in his rookie campaign away from home. The other two came against the Dynamo in a 3-1 win.