Houston could match MLS history with its 34th regular season home game without a loss against the Earthquakes.
|Houston Dynamo (4-4-2): Hall; Sarkodie, Boswell, Brunner, Ashe; Boniek Garcia, Moffatt, Clark, Davis; Barnes, Ching.||
OUT: Calen Carr (L knee)
QUESTIONABLE: Will Bruin (L hamstring strain)
|San Jose Earthquakes (4-4-2): Busch; Morrow, Bernardez, Hernandez, Harden; Corrales, Baca, Cronin, Salinas; Jahn, Wondolowski.||
OUT: Mehdi Ballouchy (L torn ACL), Steven Beitashour (sports hernia), Marvin Chavez (R MCL sprain), Alan Gordon (L foot surgery), Steven Lenhart (R knee surgery), Tommy Muller (low back spasms)
QUESTIONABLE: Mike Fucito (R hamstring strain), Marcus Tracy (L ankle injury)
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Houston is one result from equaling Major League Soccer's all-time home unbeaten run. Real Salt Lake went 34 games without losing at home in the regular season from 2009-2011.
- Chris Wondolowski, who tied the MLS record with 27 goals last season, scored his second of 2013 against the Seattle Sounders last week.
- When the 'Quakes returned to the league in 2008, these team split the season series for the first four years.
- Last year, however, Houston edged the matchup. It has won the last two games against San Jose.
- The Dynamo migrated from San Jose in 2006, bringing with it Brian Ching, Brad Davis, Ricardo Clark, as well as coach Dominic Kinnear and assistant Wade Barrett.