The Dynamo have yet to lose at BBVA Compass Stadium, but Santos and former MLS player Herculez Gomez will be out to change that.
|Houston Dynamo (4-4-2): Hall; Sarkodie, Boswell, Taylor, Ashe; Garcia, Moffat, Clarke, Davis; Bruin, Barnes.
|Santos Laguna (4-4-2): Sanchez; Baloy, Estrada, Mares, Olvera; Calderon, Rodriguez, Crosas, Quintero; Gomez; Peralta.
- Santos made it to the final of the CONCACAF Champions League last season, losing to fellow Liga MX side Monterrey.
- This will be Houston's first tilt at the knockout rounds of the top level of regional competition. La Naranja previously went out in the group stage of the the 2009-10 CONCACAF Champions League.
- Santos striker Oriber Peralta tied for top scorer in this competition last season, with seven. Teammate Herculez Gomez was joint-third with six.
- The Houston Dynamo have never lost a competitive fixture at BBVA Stadium.
- 23-year-old Will Bruin was Houston's top scorer last season, scoring 25 goals in 36 games in all competitions.