Just three days after opening BBVA Compass Stadium with a win, the Dynamo are back in action against visiting Portland.
|Houston Dynamo (4-4-2): Hall; Hainault, Boswell, Cameron, Ashe; Carr, Moffatt, Carmargo, Davis; Bruin, Weaver.
OUT: DF Kofi Sarkodie (R foot sprain); GK Erich Marscheider (R shoulder sprain); FW Brian Ownby (L elbow dislocation)
|Portland Timbers (4-4-2): Perkins; Jewsbury, Mosquera, Brunner, Chabala; Chara, Wallace, Palmer, Alexander; Boyd, Nagbe.||
OUT: DF Steve Purdy (concussion);
QUESTIONABLE: MF Charles Renken (R ankle sprain);
PROBABLE: MF Kalif Alhassan (R knee sprain); DF Eric Brunner (L hip flexor strain); GK Jake Gleeson (R knee IT band tightness)
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- The Dynamo opened their brand-new stadium Saturday afternoon with a 1-0 win over D.C. United. Brad Davis scored the game's only goal.
- Portland, meanwhile, comes into the game off 10 days of rest. Its last match was a 0-0 draw against Columbus last Saturday.
- This is the only meeting between the two teams this season. Houston won both league meetings a year ago, a 2-1 win at Robertson Stadium and a 2-0 victory at JELD-WEN Field.
- The Dynamo are tied for seventh place in the Eastern Conference with 11 points from seven games.
- The Timbers are in ninth place in the Western Conference with eight points from nine games.