Houston is looking to claim top spot in the East, while New England just doesn't want to get left too far behind.
|Houston Dynamo (4-2-3-1): Hall; Sarkodie, Boswell, Taylor, Ashe; Clark, Moffat; Garcia, Davis, Driver; Bruin.
OUT: Calen Carr (L knee), Warren Creavalle (R hamstring), Omar Cummings (R knee), Tyler Deric (L ankle), Cam Weaver (Lower back)
|New England Revolution (4-4-2): Reis; Farrell, McCarthy, Goncalves, Tierny; Fagundez, Rowe, Cisse, Nguyen; Boele, Sene.
OUT: Kevin Alston (illness) - DL, Donnie Smith (L groin strain), A.J. Soares (R hamstring strain)
QUESTIONABLE: Andrew Farrell (L knee contusion), Stephen McCarthy (L adductor strain), Clyde Simms (concussion)
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- With his goal against New York last week, Diego Fagundez became the first New England player to record multiple goals in 2013.
- A 1-0 loss to Sporting Kansas City was Houston's first taste of defeat at BBVA Compass Stadium, after a record-setting 36 unbeaten matches in the venue.
- Revolution players have recorded just five assists this season, the fewest in MLS.
- Just a single point behind Eastern Conference leader New York with two games in hand, Houston is poised for a run at the top spot.
- Gambian winger Sainey Nyassi was released by New England on Thursday.