Los Angeles will be trying to end one of its worst runs in recent memory, but the defending champion will be without some key players against a tough Houston side.
|Houston Dynamo (4-4-2): Hall; Taylor, Boswell, Cameron, Ashe; Carr, Moffat, Carmargo, Davis; Ching, Bruin.
OUT: DF Kofi Sarkodie (R foot sprain); GK Erich Marscheider (R shoulder sprain)
PROBABLE: FW Brian Ownby (L elbow dislocation)
|Los Angeles Galaxy (4-4-2): Perk; Franklin, DeLaGarza, Lopes, Dunivant; Stephens, Beckham, Juninho, Magee; Barrett, Buddle.||
OUT: DF Andrew Boyens (L sports hernia surgery); DF Omar Gonzalez (L knee surgery)
QUESTIONABLE: DF A.J.DeLaGarza (R heel bruise); DF Leonardo (R knee surgery)
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Of the last seven MLS Cup finals, the Galaxy or Dynamo have played in five - the Galaxy in 2005, 2009 and 2011, and the Dynamo in 2006, 2007 and 2011, with the clubs meeting at last year’s championship, which resulted in a 1-0 LA win.
- Luiz Camargo scored his first goal since coming to MLS to give the Dynamo a 2-2 draw in New England last Saturday, extending his team's unbeaten streak to three games.
- It has now been six games - over a month - since defending double winner Los Angeles has recorded an MLS victory. That's LA's longest winless run since the club's dismal 2008 campaign, the last time the Galaxy missed the playoffs.
- Los Angeles midfielder Hector Jimenez will miss this game with a suspension.
- Houston has yet to lose a game, or even concede a goal, at the new BBVA Compass Stadium.