Houston could finish anywhere from top in the Eastern Conference to 10th place overall. Both sides are assured of a playoff berth, however.
|Houston Dynamo (4-4-2): Hall; Hainault, Boswell, Cameron, Ashe; Cruz, Moffat, Carmargo, Davis; Ching, Costly.||
OUT: FW Cam Weaver (R hip)
|LA Galaxy (4-4-2): Ricketts; Hejduk, Berhalter, Gonzalez, Dunivant; Birchall, Juninho, Lopez, Stephens; Barrett, Cristman.||
OUT: DF Sean Alvarado (R knee surgery); DF Bryan Jordan (L middle finger tendon rupture); FW Robbie Keane (L adductor strain); DF Leonardo (R knee surgery)
QUESTIONABLE: MF David Beckham (back spasms); DF Gregg Berhalter (R foot sprain); FW Landon Donovan (R quadriceps strain); DF Sean Franklin (R knee inflammation); GK Donovan Ricketts (R quad tightness)
||DID YOU KNOW?|
- The Dynamo have gone five games without a loss and could enter the playoffs anywhere from the top seed in the Eastern Conference to 10th place overall.
- The Galaxy finish the season as the third team in MLS history to go undefeated for the season on their home ground, along with Real Salt Lake last year (11-0-4) and the San Jose Earthquakes in 2005 (9-0-7).
- LA beat Motagua 1-0 on Thursday to advance to the quarterfinals of the CONCACAF Champions League. Landon Donovan made his return from injury in the match, playing the final 20 minutes.
- When the teams first met this season, May 25 at The Home Depot Center, Landon Donovan scored the game’s only goal from the penalty spot in a Galaxy victory.
- Robbie Keane is expected to return in a fortnight, and could be fit for the second match of the playoffs.
- The Galaxy won the 2011 Supporters' Shield.