Winners of five of six, Chicago looks to stay in the playoff hunt at Houston, which is second in the East.
Houston Dynamo (4-4-2): Hall; Hainault, Cameron, Boswell, Ashe; Clark, Camargo, Moffat, Davis; Ching, Carr.
|Chicago Fire (4-4-2): Johnson; Gargan, Mikulic, Gibbs, Segares; Pardo, Pause, Paladini, Pappa; Nyarko, Oduro.||
OUT: MF Gabriel Ferrari (L knee ACL reconstruction); DF Steven Kinney (lower abdominal strain);
QUESTIONABLE: MF Sebastian Grazzini (R hamstring strain)
||DID YOU KNOW?|
Marco Pappa scored three for the Fire on Wednesday night as they surprisingly defeated Real Salt Lake 3-0.
- Houston secured a huge 1-0 win over in-state rivals FC Dallas last weekend, courtesy of a late Geoff Cameron goal.
- Chicago is now only three points back of the Red Bulls for the final MLS playoff spot. Portland and D.C., however, also sit between the Fire and the Red Bulls.
- In the reverse fixture on April 23 at Toyota Park, Houston’s Bobby Boswell scored in the 83rd minute, earning the Dynamo a 1-1 draw.
- Chicago will have to juggle its lineup for this match, as it will face Seattle just three days later in the U.S. Open Cup final in Seattle.
- Houston is in second place in the Eastern Conference, two points behind leaders Sporting Kansas City.