With Low's confidence in 4-2-3-1 at an all time high, the coach will undoubtedly be looking to further investigate his contingencies in the wake of the draw with Ukraine
Boateng, Mertesacker, Hummels, Aogo
Muller, Khedira, Kroos, Podolski
Van der Wiel, Heitinga, Mathijsen, Braafheid
Van Bommel, Strootman
Kuyt, Sneijder, Babel
Clearly utilizing this round of friendlies to sound out a 'Plan B' formation, Joachim Low used Friday's clash against Ukraine to test an experimental 3-4-2-1 with wing-backs providing the width. Finding themselves down 3-1 at half time, Low has since admitted to scrapping the idea of three center backs, and it looking increasingly likely that he will field a more traditional 4-4-2 formation versus the Dutch, Miroslav Klose's fitness permitting.
Borussia Monchengladbach's Marco Reus is likely to get some playing time having rejoined the national side after recovering from a stomach virus, while Dortmund's Marcel Schmelzer has been ruled out for the clash.
In the Oranje corner, Gregory van der Wiel has recovered from a groin problem and is expected to take Khalid Boulahrouz's place at right-back again. Mark van Bommel, Kevin Strootman and Klass-Jan Huntelaar were all rested against Switzerland and are expected to start against the Germans.
Tottenham's Rafael van der Vaart will miss out through a hamstring problem, while Ibrahim Afellay and Arjen Robben are also notable absentees. Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger also requested that Van Marwijk rest Robin van Persie for this clash, so the Gunners striker also misses out.
||DID YOU KNOW?|
- Germany has met the Netherlands seven times before in total. Of those games, the Germans have won only once, drawing three and losing the remaining three.
- Germany has never won at home to the Netherlands.
- The match is being played at Hamburg's home ground, the Imtech Arena, familiar territory for Oranje defender Jeffrey Bruma, who unfortunately misses out due to injury.
- Netherlands striker Klass-Jan Huntelaar has scored 21 goals in 20 matches in all competitions this term at Bundesliga side Schalke.
- Equally devastating in front of goal, Mario Gomez has 20 goals in 18 appearances for club side Bayern Munich this season.
- Germany's last draw before Friday's match against Ukraine was versus Poland, which Die Mannschaft responded to by beating Turkey 3-1 away from home in the following game.