The Uruguayan is suspended but his teammates should cover for his absence in front of goal against a struggling Fulham side which has lost its last four matches.
Riether, Senderos, Hangeland, Riise
Kacaniklic, Karagounis, Enoh, Emanuelson
Johnson, Carragher, Skrtel, Enrique
Lucas, Henderson, Shelvey
Downing, Sturridge, Coutinho
Mladen Petric and Simon Davies remain doubtful for this fixture after both players missed the 4-2 loss to Reading with hip and hamstring problems respectively.
Alexander Kacaniklic is likely to start over Damien Duff on the right after a good performance off the bench against Reading. Steve Sidwell will miss the rest of the season though suspension.
Liverpool skipper Steven Gerrard misses out after undergoing surgery on a persistent shoulder problem.
Daniel Agger and Joe Allen are also out for the season so Martin Skrtel will come in to the backline while Philippe Coutinho will continue as playmaker.
With no Gerrard or Allen, Jonjo Shelvey could get the nod in midfield – especially after the stunner he scored for the U21s this week.
Luis Suarez is unavailable as he serves his 10-match ban for biting Branislav Ivanovic.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Fulham has lost its last four in the Premier League and has won just three of its last 12.
- After a run of six goals in six games at the start of the year, Fulham top scorer Dimitar Berbatov (pictured right) hasn’t hit the back of the net since 1st April – six games ago.
- The Cottagers’ biggest defeat of the season was a 4-0 reverse against Liverpool.
- Liverpool is unbeaten in six in the Premier League, with just one defeat in 11 in all competitions.
- The Reds’ 6-0 win over Newcastle two weeks ago was the fourth time this year they’ve won by a margin of four or more goals, including the 4-0 romp over Fulham in December.
- Fulham did the double over Liverpool last season, the first time it beat the Reds twice in the same season.