Vincenzo Montella's team will hope to maintain their momentum and craft a victory in Florence...
|Fiorentina: Boruc; Comotto, Gamberini, Natali, Pasqual; Behrami, Montolivo, Vargas; Santana; Gilardino, Mutu
|Roma: Doni; N. Burdiosso, Mexes, Juan, Riise; Pizarro, De Rossi; Taddei, Perrotta, Menez; Totti
- Fiorentina head into Week 30 in eighth place in Serie A with 40 points, nine points off the final Europa League slot.
- The Viola have won eight games at home in the league this season, losing three and drawing three.
- Sinisa Mihajlovic’s side have won their last two league encounters without conceding a goal and are unbeaten in their last four Serie A matches.
- The Gigliati have shipped 11 goals at home in the league this campaign –that’s as many as Milan and Udinese and fewer than Inter, Lazio and Roma.
- Roma are sixth in the league standings with 49 points from 29 matches, four points off the final Champions League slot.
- The Giallorossi defeated Lazio 2-0 in Serie A last weekend for what was their fifth successive Rome derby triumph, which also includes a Coppa Italia victory earlier this year.
- Vincenzo Montella has yet to lose a single league encounter in charge of Roma, having led his team to three wins in four.
- The Lupi have the third worst defensive record away from home in the championship, having shipped 27 times.
November 10, 2010: Roma 3-2 Fiorentina
Fabio Simplicio broke the deadlock on the stroke of half-time for Roma and six minutes into the second-half Marco Borriello doubled the former Italian champions’ advantage. However, Alberto Gilardino halved the deficit in the 69th minute but Simone Perrotta restored Roma’s two-goal cushion minutes later. Gaetano D'Agostino netted the second for the Viola a minute before normal time but Roma held on for a 3-2 victory.
Follow Goal.com on to get the latest soccer news directly. Check out Goal.com's page; be part of the best soccer fan community in the world!