The visiting side hasn't picked up three points against David Moyes' men since 2008 and will be looking to bounce back from a 3-0 drubbing at the hands of Manchester City.
Neville, Distin, Jagielka, Baines
Coleman, Fellaini, Heitinga, Bilyaletdinov
Boyce, Caldwell, Lopez, Figueroa
Moses, Gomez, Diame, McArthur, Rodallega
The Scot also played Tim Cahill as the lone man up front with Leon Osman in behind him, and this might continue as the manager's faith in his other forwards has has been shaky in recent times, while Victor Anichebe is sidelined for three months due to a groin injury sustained while on international duty with Nigeria.
Wigan boss Roberto Martinez continued to play Hugo Rodallega out wide in the last fixture – a 3-0 defeat to Manchester City.
Antolin Alcaraz is sidelined with a thigh injury that is expected to keep him out for a few more weeks, while Steve Gohouri and James McCarthy were last reported to be recovering from calf and knee injuries respectively, which makes them doubtful for this game.
||DID YOU KNOW?|
- Having been a notoriously slow starter in recent years, 10th-placed Everton is sitting in the top half after three games for the first time since 2007.
- The home side is unbeaten against Saturday's visitor since 2008.
- Former Wigan man Leighton Baines (pictured right) was one of three Toffees players to have appeared in all 38 Premier League games last season. Not a single Latics player achieved the feat.
- David Moyes' side has only lost once at home since last November.
- Neither team had a player who scored over 10 goals for them last season.
- The DW Stadium outfit had the worst record against teams in the top half last term, picking up only 12 points from 20 games.
- Wigan has only ever won once at Goodison Park in its history.
- Alongside Swansea City, Roberto Martinez's side is the only outfit in the Premier League that has yet to score away from home.
- Despite losing away to Manchester City last week, the Latics remain in the top half - something the club failed to achieve at any point over the 2010-11 campaign.