The Toffees manager comes up against the Reds for the 24th time at Goodison Park on Sunday, but is looking for just his fifth win against Brendan Rodgers' side.
Hibbert, Jagielka, Distin, Baines
Naismith, Neville, Osman, Mirallas
Wisdom, Skrtel, Agger, Johnson
Allen, Sahin, Gerrard
Suso, Suarez, Sterling
Everton boss David Moyes will be forced into making at least one change from his side's 1-1 draw with QPR after Steven Pienaar's red card sees him banned for this game.
The Scot could deploy Belgian attacker Kevin Mirallas on the left-hand side in South African's absence, meaning Steven Naismith will come in on the right. However, the Toffees manager is unlikely to make further changes given his side's impressive form of late.
Visiting boss Brendan Rodgers, meanwhile, has no fresh injury concerns bar the long-term absences of Lucas Leiva (thigh), Fabio Borini (foot) and Martin Kelly (knee) and should name an otherwise full-strength team.
Andre Wisdom is likely to keep his place at right back in order to help combat the heading prowess of Everton's frontline, meaning Glen Johnson will stay out on the left. Pepe Reina is expected to return from a hamstring injury.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Everton manager David Moyes has won just four of his 23 Merseyside derby games in charge of the club.
- The Scot has lost 13 of those games, but is some way short of former Reds manager Tom Watson's abysmal derby record. He lost 21 games against Everton.
- Sunday's game is the 219th edition of this derby, making it the most played fixture in the history of English soccer.
- The fixture has also seen more red cards than any other in the Premier League (20).
- Should Liverpool goalkeeper Pepe Reina keep a clean sheet at Goodison Park, he will go joint-third in shut-outs kept in this fixture alongside Bruce Grobbelaar on 10. Only Neville Southall and Ray Clemence can boast more (15 each).
- Steven Gerrard (pictured right) has the most goals in the Merseyside derby of any current player in both squads, having scored eight.
- The last five meetings between these teams have produced 20 yellow cards and one red card.