Deportivo La Coruna (4-4-2): Aranzubia; Lopo, Calvo, Raul, Manuel Pablo; Sergio, Aythami, Riki, Valeron; Juan Rodríguez, Adrian
Deportivo la Coruna has some major problems in midfield with Antonio Tomas and Juca sidelined with injuries and on-loan Ruben Perez ineligible to play against his parent club.
Atletico de Madrid (4-4-2): De Gea; Godín, Perea, Kasmirski ,Ujfalusi; Mario Suarez, Tiago, Koke, Reyes; Diego Costa, Aguero;
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- On-loan Ruben Perez of ‘Super Depor’ is not allowed play against his owners Atleti. His importance for Deportivo can be judged by the fact that Deportivo has failed to score in all five matches that he has not figured.
- Deportivo La Coruna has a superb recent home record as it has collected 13 points out of a possible 21.
- “Super Depor” has one of the worst scoring records in La Liga having failed to score in 18 games out of 33 games.
- Sergio ‘Kun’ Aguero is on a red hot streak right now and after netting against Levante, he has scored in 6 consecutive matches. With this he equaled Pedro’s record and is one step away from equaling Forlan’s record of scoring in seven consecutive games.
- Atletico Madrid does not have a very good record at the “Riazor’ as it has collected only eight points out of a possible 39 in its last few visits.
- Los colchoneros have only lost one of their last 10 league games and this has brought them back firmly into contention for European spots.