The former and current capital city of the United States meet in an Eastern Conference showdown intensified by a recent trade.
|D.C. United (4-4-2): Hamid; Korb, McDonald, Jakovic, Chabala; Najar, Kitchen, De Rosario, DeLeon; Pajoy, Pontius.
OUT: MF Lance Rozeboom (L knee ACL tear); DF Robbie Russell (L plantar fasciitis); DF Daniel Woolard (concussion-like symptoms)
DOUBTFUL: FW Dwayne De Rosario (L shoulder soreness)
QUESTIONABLE: FW Maicon Santos (R toe soreness)
PROBABLE: FW Hamdi Salihi (viral infection)
|Philadelphia Union (4-2-3-1): MacMath; Williams, Soumare, Valdes, Gaddis; G. Farfan, Carroll; Cruz, M. Farfan, Adu; McInerney.||
OUT: FW Krystian Witkowski (concussion symptoms)
QUESTIONABLE: FW Jorge Perlaza (low back strain); DF Gabriel Farfan (L ankle sprain); MF Michael Farfan (L foot contusion)
PROBABLE: MF Jimmy McLaughlin (L shoulder labral tear); FW Antoine Hoppenot (L hamstring strain)
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- D.C. hasn't lost at home since the first match of the season in RFK Stadium, on March 10.
- Philly has the fewest amount of goals in the first half hour of games of any team in the league, with one. No other club has fewer than four.
- This is the second meeting between these sides this season. On June 16, Chris Pontius scored the only goal of the game in PPL Park.
- Dwayne De Rosario is in a three-way tie for second in the league with 10 assists this season.
- United is fifth in the Eastern Conference, with 36 points. Thirteen points back are the Union, ninth in the East.