The wrong result could seal New England's fate, with D.C. still scrapping for one of the East's playoff berths.
|D.C. United (4-4-2): Hamid; Russell, McDonald, Dudar, Korb; Najar, Kitchen, Saragosa, DeLeon; Pajoy, Pontius.
OUT: MF Lance Rozeboom (L knee ACL tear); DF Daniel Woolard (concussion-like symptoms); MF Stephen King (inguinal hernia repair); FW Josh Wolff (lower back disc herniation)
|New England Revolution (4-4-2): Reis; Lechner, McCarthy, Barnes, Alston; Rowe, Guy, Simms, Nguyen; Fagundez, Imbongo.
OUT: FW Saer Sene (L knee ACL tear)
QUESTIONABLE: MF Blair Gavin (L disc irritation); MF Sainey Nyassi (R adductor strain)
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- This match could eliminate the Revolution from playoff contention. A loss would do it, or a tie coupled with a Columbus Crew win will mathematically rule out any postseason potential for New England.
- MLS released a list of the 25 best selling jerseys this year. Dwayne De Rosario is fifth on the list, and his attacking teammate Chris Pontius is 12th. Saer Sene, who is out for the remainder of the season, came in 24th.
- De Rosario scored the only goal in Canada's 1-0 win over Panama on Friday, making him the Canucks' all-time leading goalscorer. However, he pulled out of the game in San Jose on Tuesday with an MCL sprain, which will rule him out of 10-12 weeks. DeRo ranks joint-second in MLS with 12 assists.
- Jerry Bengtson also scored on international duty, notching the opener for Honduras in a 3-0 win over Cuba.
- The Revs stopped a club-record 10-game winless skid last Wednesday with a 2-0 win over Columbus. D.C. has slipped to sixth in the East recently, one point off the playoff places.