Montreal has a great opportunity to re-assert itself at the top of the East as the Impact visit league whipping boys D.C. United.
|D.C. United (4-4-2): Hamid; Riley, Jakovic, Woolard, Kemp; DeLeon, Thorrington, Kitchen, Porter; Doyle, Silva.
OUT: Lewis Neal (pubic stress reaction), Marcelo Saragosa (L knee pain)
QUESTIONABLE: Dwayne De Rosario (R hip flexor strain), Chris Pontius (L leg neural tension)
|Montreal Impact (4-4-2): Perkins; Camara, Nesta, Ferrari, Brovsky; Arnaud, Martins, Bernier; Mapp, Di Vaio, Paponi.||
OUT: Nelson Rivas (L knee surgery), Maximiliamo Rodriguez (foot fracture)
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Montreal is third in Major League Soccer's Eastern Conference with 35 points from 20 games.
- D.C. United is dead last in the East and all of MLS, with a paltry 10 points to show from 21 games.
- This is the first of two meetings for these clubs in August. Stade Saputo will host the reverse ficture on Aug. 17.
- All-time, these teams have split three games evenly, with a 3-0 win for each and a 1-1 draw shared.
- D.C. is currently on s five-game winless streak, and has one just once in its last 19 matches.