Fresh off a big win, D.C. United looks to solidify its place near the top of the East, hosting the wandering Houston Dynamo.
|D.C. United (4-4-2): Willis; Russell, McDonald, Dudar, Woolard; Kitchen, Cruz, DeLeon, De Rosario; Pontius, Santos.
OUT: DF Ethan White (R knee surgery); MF Lance Rozeboom (L knee ACL tear)
QUESTIONABLE: MF Kurt Morsink (L foot neurectomy); FW Josh Wolff (L hamstring strain); DF Dejan Jakovic (L ankle sprain)
|Houston Dynamo (4-4-2): Hall; Hainault, Boswell, Cameron, Taylor; Moffat, Watson, Sturgis, Carmargo; Bruin, Ching.
OUT: FW Brian Ownby (L elbow dislocation); FW Colin Rolfe (R hamstring strain)
DOUBTFUL: MF Brad Davis (L calf strain); DF Corey Ashe (L hamstring strain); DF Warren Creavalle (L ankle sprain)
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Houston's Colin Clark will miss this game, serving the final match of his three-match ban.
- D.C. comes into this game riding a six-game unbeaten run, the club's best such streak in three years.
- Chris Pontius scored the first hat trick of his professional career in D.C.'s 4-1 win against New York. He had scored two goals in a game twice previously.
- With a win, the Dynamo will match the best record on an extended road trip to open an MLS season. The Columbus Crew took 11 points from their season-opening seven-game road trip to start 1999. The Dynamo have eight from the first five games of their seven-game road start.
- Houston hasn't lost to D.C. United since a 1-0 defeat on April 4, 2009 at RFK Stadium.