Winless D.C. United hosts a Dallas side that has lost its only game on the road in 2012 in the MLS weekend's opener on Friday evening.
|D.C. United (4-3-1-2): Willis; Russell, McDonald, Dudar, Woolard; Cruz, Saragosa, DeLeon; De Rosario; Salihi, Santos.
OUT: DF Ethan White (R knee surgery); MF Kurt Morsink (L foot neurectomy); MF Lance Rozeboom (L ACL tear)
QUESTIONABLE: DF Dejan Jakovic (L groin strain)
|FC Dallas (4-1-4-1): Hartman; Loyd, John, Ihemelu, Pertuz; Hernandez; Leyva, Jacobson, Villar, Shea; Perez.||
OUT: FW Scott Sealy (R knee); MF David Ferreira (R ankle)
QUESTIONABLE: MF Fabian Castillo (L knee); MF Ricardo Villar (bruised ribs)
||DID YOU KNOW?|
- Despite a number of offseason signings, D.C. has failed to win in 2012, its only point coming from a 0-0 draw last weekend at Vancouver. Rookie Nick DeLeon has the club's lone goal of the campaign so far, having netted in United's 3-1 loss at Los Angeles two weeks ago. The draw extended the team's winless streak to nine games, dating back to September 2011.
- Dallas has picked up four points from its first three games. The play of new striker Blas Perez (one goal, two assists) and Ricardo Villar (two goals) has given Hoops fans something to be enthusiastic about.
- Dallas dropped its only road game of the season so far, falling 2-1 last weekend to Kansas City. Villar was the lone scorer.
- Both teams will welcome back members of the U.S. U-23 team after its early elimination from Olympic qualifying. Bill Hamid and Perry Kitchen return for United, though it is unlikely either of them will start. Brek Shea, on the other hand, is expected to immediately slot back in at left wing for the Hoops. As Honduras is still in the Olympic qualifying mix, Andy Najar will not be back for D.C.
- D.C. head coach Ben Olsen has never won against Dallas, going 0-1-2 (W-L-T). Dallas head coach Schellas Hyndman has drawn half of his games against D.C., going 3-1-4.
- The previous stat was largely shaped by the clubs' two meetings last season – neither team was able to find the net in either game, with 0-0 results on May 7 in Washington and July 16 in Frisco.