After a contentious draw on Sunday, D.C. United looks to regain its footing against the visiting Chicago Fire.
|D.C. United (4-4-2): Hamid; Jakovic, McDonald, Chabala, Korb; Najar, Kitchen, De Rosario, DeLeon; Pajoy, Pontius.
OUT: MF Lance Rozeboom (L knee ACL tear); DF Robbie Russell (L plantar fasciitis); DF Daniel Woolard (concussion-like symptoms)
DOUBTFUL: FW Maicon Santos (R toe soreness)
QUESTIONABLE: MF Lewis Neal (L adductor strain)
|Chicago Fire (4-2-3-1): Johnson; Anibaba, Friedrich, Berry, Segares; Paladini, Pardo; Fernandez, Rolfe, Nyarko; MacDonald.||
OUT: DF Cory Gibbs (R knee meniscus repair); MF Logan Pause (L pneumothorax)
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- United will have to play without Branko Boskovic and Emiliano Dudar, both of whom were shown red cards in the final minutes of D.C.'s 1-1 draw against Philadelphia.
- These two teams currently occupy the final two playoff spots in the Eastern Conference. Chicago is in fourth, with 41 points from 24 games. D.C. is four points back with a game in hand.
- After challenging for the top spot in the East for much of the year, D.C. has slipped, posting a 2-4-1 record since ending a four-game winning streak in June.
- Chicago's newest designated player, Sherjill MacDonald, has made an immediate impact since joining the Fire at the end of July, picking up a goal and an assist in just 212 minutes of play.
- Chicago's Austin Berry leads all MLS rookies in minutes played, with 1620.