Pitting fifth against sixth in the West, this game has ample playoff indications, with Vancouver on a four-game losing skid.
|FC Dallas (4-1-4-1): Hartman; Loyd, John, Hedges, Benitez; Hernandez; Jackson, Jacobson, Ferreira, Shea; Perez.
OUT: DF Ugo Ihemelu (concussion symptoms); DF Alex Lee (lower abdominal strain)
QUESTIONABLE: FW Fabian Castillo (R hamstring strain); MF Ricardo Villar (R foot strain); FW Blas Perez (R foot sprain); DF Zach Loyd (lower back strain)
|Vancouver Whitecaps (4-2-3-1): Cannon; YP Lee, DeMerit, O'Brien, Rochat; Davidson, Koffie; Miller, Robson, Camilo; Mattocks.
DOUBTFUL: FW Omar Salgado (R foot fracture)
PROBABLE: DF Andy O'Brien (R adductor strain); MF Gershon Koffie (R adductor strain)
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- The Whitecaps have lost four games in a row, matching a franchise low. However, Vancouver still holds the last playoff spot in the West.
- Dallas is one spot back, in sixth, six points behind but having played one extra game.
- This is the third meeting in 10 days for three of these players. Darren Mattocks and Dane Richards represented Jamaica against Brek Shea and the United States in a recent pair of World Cup qualifiers. The two CONCACAF nations swapped home wins.
- Richards (eight) and Alain Rochat (seven) are third and fourth, respectively, in MLS for bookings.
- It's unclear who will start in goal for Vancouver. Brad Knighton stepped in for the suspended Joe Cannon against the LA Galaxy on Sept. 2, and coach Martin Rennie hasn't indicated which is the favorite against Dallas.