Dallas will look to reclaim the lead in the Supporters' Shield race against a KC side that has stumbled in recent weeks.
|FC Dallas (4-4-2): Fernandez; Loyd, Woodbury, Hedges, Benitez; Jackson, Ferreira, Michel, Watson; Hassli, Cooper.||
OUT: Ugo Ihemelu (concussion) - IR, Peter Luccin (torn R ACL) - IR
QUESTIONABLE: Walker Zimmerman (L hamstring strain)
|Sporting Kansas City (4-3-3): Nielsen; Ellis, Collin, Besler, Sinovic; Nagamura, Rosell, Joseph; Zusi, Bieler, Kamara.||
OUT: Teal Bunbury (L knee sprain)
QUESTIONABLE: Chance Myers (R groin strain), Jacob Peterson (L hamstring strain)
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- The Hoops were knocked out of the top spot in MLS by Montreal, but the Hoops are still at the apex of the West, albeit narrowly. They are ahead of Salt Lake and Portland by a single point, although they retain a vital game in hand.
- Despite lofty expectations at the start of the year, Kansas City finds itself fifth in the East and battling for a playoff spot. Sporting KC has won just one of its last five matches. In its most recent game, the reigning Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup holder was dumped out of the competition by Orlando City.
- Dallas goalkeeper Raul Fernandez has made 53 this season, more than any other MLS keeper.
- Sporting Kansas City has committed 224 fouls this season, the most of any team in MLS.
- Dallas will be without Jair Benitez, who is suspended for this match.