New FCD technical director Fernando Clavijo will take in his first game less than a week after joining when New York comes to Texas for a visit.
FC Dallas (4-5-1): Hartman; Benitez, Ihemelu, Pertuz, Loyd; Shea, Hernandez, Jacobson, Villar, Castillo; Perez.
OUT: MF David Ferreira (R ankle); FW Scott Sealy (R knee)
|New York Red Bulls (4-4-2): Meara; Miller, Keel, Holgersson, Solli; Lindpere, McCarty, Tainio, Richards; Henry, Cooper.
OUT: DF Wilman Conde (R quadriceps strain)
||DID YOU KNOW?|
Dallas hasn't beaten New York since July 4, 2009. The teams' last meeting was a 2-0 win for New York in the wild card round of the 2011 playoffs.
- During the offseason Dallas traded depth in midfield for options at the back. Jackson (Cruzeiro) and Marvin Chavez (San Jose) left with Carlos Rodriguez and Hernand Pertuz joining. Blas Perez should provide more firepower than Maicon Santos up top.
- Central defense is packed. When George John joined West Ham United on loan, FCD essentially replaced him with Pertuz, also drafting Matt Hedges for depth. With West Ham's decision not to buy John at the end of his two-month loan, he'll have to work his way back into the starting lineup.
- Ugo Ihemelu was promoted to captain with player/coach Daniel Hernandez struggling to stay fit throughout a season at 35.
- New York will be without Rafael Marquez. The Mexican international is serving a two-match ban carried over from the end of last season.
- The Red Bulls are still waiting on Luke Rodgers' visa. Following a meeting with the U.S. Consulate Thursday, the club expects him to join this season but there are still issues to clear first. In the meantime new signing Kenny Cooper should partner Thierry Henry, with Juan Agudelo as backup.