Two old Western rivals meet in Texas with nearly identical records, extending to points and goals conceded.
|FC Dallas (4-5-1): Hartman; Loyd, John, Ihemelu, Benitez; Castillo, Jackson, Hernandez, Jacobson, Shea; Perez.
OUT: MF David Ferreira (R foot surgery); MF Ricardo Villar (R foot strain); MF Andrew Wiedeman (sports hernia repair); MF Carlos Rodriguez (L elbow dislocation)
PROBABLE: GK Kevin Hartman (lower back spasms)
|Colorado Rapids (4-4-2): Pickens; Freeman, Wynne, Moor, Zapata; Mullan, Larentowicz, Rivero, Castrillon; Cummings, Cascio.||
OUT: DF Anthony Wallace (L Achilles tear); MF Pablo Mastroeni (headaches); MF Ross LaBauex (sports hernia)
QUESTIONABLE: MF Jamie Smith (R knee ACL tear); DF Marvell Wynne (R hamstring strain)
PROBABLE: MF Martín Rivero (R quadriceps soreness); FW Conor Casey (L Achilles tear)
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- These teams are locked on 12 points from nine games, tied for fifth in the Western Conference.
- Matt Pickens leads the league with 32 blocks. Each of these teams has conceded 12 goals in nine games. FCD hasn't won since Kevin Hartman picked up a back injury.
- Blas Perez is fifth in MLS with three assists. He also has three goals, topping FCD's charts in both categories.
- Brek Shea has scored Dallas' last three goals. He put away a penalty in each of the last two, including one in the 1-1 draw with the LA Galaxy.
- The Rapids' new signing, Luis Edu, played for Sao Paulo from 1997-2000. The same Brazilian club produced FCD's Ricardo Villar.