Claudio Ranieri's men will look to get off the mark in the group stage with an away win over the Russians on Tuesday
|Inter (4-4-2): Julio Cesar; Nagatomo, Lucio, Samuel, Chivu; Coutinho, Zanetti, Cambiasso, Obi; Pazzini, Milito
Wesley Sneijder has been ruled out of the upcoming clash with a muscle problem. Maicon, Thiago Motta and Dejan Stankovic will also miss the encounter in Russia due to an assortment of injuries, while Diego Forlan is cup-tied.
|CSKA Moscow (4-3-1-2): Gabulov; V. Berezutski, Ignashevich, Nababkin, A.Berezutski; Aldonin, Cauna, Tosic; Dzagoev; Love, Doumbia
Vagner Love is reportedly being tracked by Serie A club Roma after CSKA president Yevgeny Giner admitted that the Brazilian will likely be sold in January. Igor Akinfeev is out with a long-term knee injury and will miss the match.
- CSKA Moscow has lost three out of its last six home games against Italian opposition (W2 D1 L3).
- The Russians were knocked out of the competition by Inter in the quarter-finals in 2009-10.
- The capital city outfit came from behind to earn a 2-2 draw against Lille on the first matchday.
- Seydou Doumbia is the tournament's top scorer with two goals so far.
- Inter is set to play its third straight game away from home in all competitions.
- New coach Claudio Ranieri picked up a win in his debut for the club against Bologna on Saturday.
- The San Siro giants has suffered only one defeat in its last seven matches in Russia.
- The Nerazzurri have advanced to the knockout stages eight times in the last nine years.