With both teams eliminated from playoff contention already, these sides are playing for pride in the last matchday of the regular season.
|Columbus Crew (4-4-1-1): Gruenebaum; Miranda, O'Rourke, Mendes, Williams; Meram, Birchall, Mirosevic, Gaven; Higuain; Arrieta.
OUT: FW Tommy Heinemann (L knee surgery); GK William Hesmer (R hip surgery); MF Bernardo Anor (L knee ACL tear); FW Aaron Schoenfeld (L quad strain)
QUESTIONABLE: MF Danny O'Rourke (concussion); DF Chad Marshall (R ankle inflammation); DF Julius James (R hamstring tightness); FW Olman Vargas (low back contusion)
|Toronto FC (4-4-2): F. Hall; J. Hall, Eckersley, Cann, Morgan; Silva, Maund, Dunfield, Avila; Lambe, Johnson.
OUT: GK Stefan Frei (L lower leg); FW Danny Koevermans (L knee ACL tear); DF Ty Harden (lower abdominal strain); MF Torsten Frings (L hip); FW Keith Makubuya (L ankle sprain); FW Quincy Amarikwa (L hamstring strain); DF Darren O’Dea (R quadriceps strain)
DOUBTFUL: DF Logan Emory (R shoulder sprain)
QUESTIONABLE: MF Matt Stinson (R quadriceps strain)
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- This is the last matchday of the regular season. Neither of these teams qualified for the playoffs. Columbus finished sixth in the Eastern Conference, the last team to miss out on the postseason. Toronto will finish with the worst record in MLS.
- This is the third meeting between these teams this season. The Crew won the two previous encounters, each by a one-goal margin.
- In fact, in the 15 all-time league meetings between these clubs, Toronto has won only once.
- TFC equaled a club-record 13-game winless run with a recent scoreless draw with the Montreal Impact.
- Columbus made it into the playoffs four years running heading into 2012.