Kansas City chases the Supporters' Shield in Columbus, where the Crew hang on the outskirts of the playoff chase in the East.
|Columbus Crew (4-2-3-1): Gruenebaum; Miranda, Marshall, James, Williams; Birchall, Mirosevic; Gaven, Higuain, Duka; Arrieta.
OUT: FW Tommy Heinemann (L knee surgery); GK William Hesmer (R hip surgery); MF Bernardo Anor (L knee ACL tear)
DOUBTFUL: DF Carlos Mendes (R hamstring strain)
QUESTIONABLE: MF Danny O'Rourke (L ankle sprain); DF Rich Balchan (R thigh contusion)
PROBABLE: MF Dilly Duka (R calf contusion)
|Sporting Kansas City (4-3-3): Nielsen; Myers, Olum, Besler, Sinovic; Nagamura, Cesar, Espinoza; Zusi, Sapong, Kamara.
OUT: FW Teal Bunbury (L knee ACL tear); DF Cyprian Hedrick (L fibula fracture)
QUESTIONABLE: GK Jon Kempin (R ankle sprain)
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- These teams have split away wins thus far this season. This is the third meeting.
- Jairo Arrieta scored two goals in the Crew's win over Sporting this season. He's scored doubles three times this year, the most recent in a 3-2 win over the Philadelphia Union. He has a goal or an assist in each of the last four games (three goals, two assists over that stretch).
- Graham Zusi scored both goals in a 2-0 win over the Chicago Fire last Friday. He is tied for the MLS lead with 14 assists this season.
- Kansas City hasn't lost in nine matches and hasn't conceded in three. Jimmy Nielsen has 14 clean sheets, tied for the second-highest in MLS history.
- Danny O'Rourke is suspended for this match.