These teams have drawn four out of the last five meetings as Columbus kicks off its home opener.
|Columbus Crew (4-2-3-1): Gruenebaum; Williams, Marshall, Glauber, Wahl; O'Rourke, Viana; Oduro, Higuain, Speas; Arrieta.
QUESTIONABLE: Eddie Gaven (R Ankle Inflammation)
|San Jose Earthquakes (4-4-2): Busch; Harden, Bernardez, Hernandez, Morrow; Salinas, Baca, Cronin, Corrales; Wondolowski, Garza.
OUT: Mehdi Ballouchy (L torn ACL), Steven Beitashour (sports hernia), Marvin Chavez (R MCL sprain), Alan Gordon (L foot surgery), Steven Lenhart (R knee surgery), Marcus Tracy (L ankle injury), Mike Facito (R hamstring strain), Tommy Muller (low back spasms)
- This is the first home game for Columbus. It won one and lost one of its opening matches.
- Chris Wondolowski, who tied the MLS record with 27 goals last year, has only scored once in 2013, and that came from the penalty spot.
- The 'Quakes reignited the Goonies comeback schtick last game by overcoming a one-goal deficit to the New York Red Bulls in the last 10 minutes to win 2-1.
- The Crew lead the overall records against San Jose, 18-13-5. However, from 2010 onward, Columbus has not beaten San Jose.
- These teams have drawn four out of the last five meetings.