The Crew have beaten RSL five times in a row in Ohio and will look to capitalize on a dip in form by Salt Lake to extend that streak.
|Columbus Crew (4-4-1-1): Gruenebaum; Miranda, Williams, James, Vukovic; Gaven, Tchani, Birchall, George, Meram; Gaven; Renteria.
OUT: FW Tommy Heinemann (L knee surgery); GK William Hesmer (R hip surgery); DF Chad Marshall (concussion); MF Kirk Urso (R adductor tendonitis); DF Rich Balchan (sports hernia rehab); MF Dilly Duka (L hamstring strain)
DOUBTFUL: DF Carlos Mendes (R ankle sprain)
QUESTIONABLE: MF Danny O'Rourke (L ankle sprain); MF Milovan Mirosevic (L adductor strain)
|Real Salt Lake (4-4-2): Rimando; Beltran, Borchers, Olave, Wingert; Steele, Alvarez, Morales, Johnson; Saborio, Espindola.||
OUT: DF Chris Schuler (L foot bone stress response)
DOUBTFUL: DF Jamison Olave (R calf strain); MF Ned Grabavoy (L adductor strain)
QUESTIONABLE: MF Sebastian Velasquez (R turf toe)
PROBABLE: MF Javier Morales (R knee hyperextension); DF Nat Borchers (L quadriceps strain)
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Real Salt Lake has 32 points from 17 games, a franchise high at this point and good enough for second in the West. Columbus is sixth in the East with 19 points from 14 games.
- RSL might welcome the road trip to Ohio. The club has lost three straight at home, including crashing out of the U.S. Open Cup to the Minnesota Stars. Before losing to the San Jose Earthquakes, Salt Lake coughed up a two-goal lead to lose for the first time in franchise history when playing the LA Galaxy.
- However, the Crew dominate this matchup. They have won the last five games against RSL in Ohio, with Salt Lake's only win there coming in 2006.
- Nick Rimando is one victory away from tying Zach Thornton at second on the all-time goalkeeper wins list.
- Kyle Beckerman is suspended for this match.