Philadelphia faces an almost impossible challenge if it wants to make the playoffs, but Columbus is much closer to a postseason berth.
|Columbus Crew (4-2-3-1): Gruenebaum; Miranda, Marshall, James, Williams; Birchall, Mirosevic; Duka, Higuain, Gaven; Arrieta.
OUT: FW Tommy Heinemann (L knee surgery); GK William Hesmer (R hip surgery); MF Bernardo Anor (L knee ACL tear)
DOUBTFUL: DF Carlos Mendes (R hamstring strain)
QUESTIONABLE: MF Danny O'Rourke (L ankle sprain)
PROBABLE: GK Andy Gruenebaum (lower back stiffness)
|Philadelphia Union (4-3-3): MacMath; Williams, Okugo, Valdes, Gaddis; Lahoud, Carroll, Gomez; M. Farfan, McInerney, Cruz.
OUT: FW Krystian Witkowski (concussion symptoms)
DOUBTFUL: MF Danny Cruz (L big toe sesamoid stress fracture/R calf strain)
QUESTIONABLE: MF Keon Daniel (R knee contusion); MF Freddy Adu (L quad strain); DF Bakary Soumare (R knee inflammation); DF Gabriel Farfan (R ankle contusion)
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Freddy Adu scored the first two-goal game of his MLS career on Sunday against the Houston Dynamo, leading the Union to a 3-1 win.
- Jairo Arrieta scored his sixth goal in 14 games since coming to MLS in the Crew’s 2-1 loss to Chicago over the weekend; he has a goal or an assist in three consecutive games.
- The Columbus Crew are currently just a one place out of the playoff spots, a point behind the Houston Dynamo.
- The Philadelphia Union will be mathematically eliminated from the playoffs if they lose, if the Houston Dynamo win against New England, or if both games end in a draw.
- If the Union fail to make the postseason, it will be the first time in his 12-year MLS career that midfielder Brian Carroll will fail to make the playoffs. He was a part of Columbus' 2008 MLS Cup-winning side.