The Eastern Conference's top two teams meet in a Saturday night showdown at Crew Stadium.
Columbus Crew (4-4-2): Hesmer; Miranda, Marshall, James, Gardner; Burns, Ekpo, Anor, Rogers; Mendoza, Heinemann.
OUT: MF Tony Tchani (R knee inflammation); DF Shaun Francis (L adductor strain)
DOUBTFUL: GK Alex Riggs (L oblique strain); MF Eddie Gaven (R lower leg contusion); Jeff Cunningham (R knee inflammation)
QUESTIONABLE: MF Dejan Rusmir (L calf tightness); MF Rich Balchan (L adductor strain)
PROBABLE: FW Emilio Renteria (L quad strain)
Philadelphia Union (4-4-2): Mondragon; G. Farfan, Valdes, Califf, Williams; Torres, Paunovic, Adu, Mapp; Le Toux, McInerney.
DOUBTFUL: MF Brian Carroll (R foot contusion)
QUESTIONABLE: FW Levi Houapeu (L ankle strain)
PROBABLE: MF Michael Farfan (R quad contusion)
||DID YOU KNOW?|
- Columbus is first place in the Eastern Conference, ahead of second place Philadelphia by three points, with the Union holding a game in hand.
- The Crew secured a win last weekend in a 3-1 comeback win at home against New England.
The Union drew FC Dallas 2-2 at home last weekend in Freddy Adu's debut with the team.
The Crew scored its first set-piece goal of the season against New England, when Julius James rose to head home a corner kick.
- After scoring 14 goals last season, Union midfielder/forward Sebastien Le Toux has not scored from the run of play this season. He does have three goals from penalty kicks though, including two last week. Also, the Frenchman has taken, and scored, every single penalty in the history of the Philadelphia Union - three in 2010 and three in 2011.
- Columbus is getting healthy at the right time of the season, welcoming back Emilio Renteria and Dilly Duka last week. They had combined to make just one appearance since early June.
- Though no longer on the team, Carlos Ruiz (sold to Veracruz) still leads the Union in goals this season with six. Danny Mwanga leads the active players with five.