Columbus looks to build on its win last time out, and faces a New York side with ambitions on first place.
|Columbus Crew (4-4-1-1): Gruenebaum; J. Williams, Marshall, Glauber, Viana; Oduro, O'Rourke, Tchani, Gaven; Higuain; Arrieta.
OUT: Aaron Horton (L knee surgery)
|New York Red Bulls (4-4-2): Robles; Barklage, Olave, Holgersson, Pearce; Sam, Cahill, Alexander, Steele; Espindola, Henry.
OUT: Ian Christianson (R Foot Injury), Digao (Heel injury), Dax McCarty (R Quadriceps Strain)
QUESTIONABLE: Peguy Luyindula (L hamstring injury), Ryan Meara (hip surgery recovery)
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- New York has scored 15 goals this year, the highest total in the Eastern Conference, and tied for top in MLS.
- Columbus is looking for its first consecutive wins since a four-game streak of victories that ended on Sept. 1, 2012.
- These teams are on opposite ends of the offside table. New York has been flagged 35 times, the most in MLS, and Columbus has been called for the fewest infractions, with just 11.
- Thierry Henry's 38 total shots taken is the most in MLS. That mark beat's Columbus' team total of 37.
- The Red Bulls won both meetings between these sides last year, 4-1 in Ohio and then 3-1 back at Red Bull Arena.