Major League Soccer's hottest offense and top scorer come up against a team on a two-game shutout run.
|Columbus Crew (4-4-2): Gruenebaum; Miranda, Marshall, Gehrig, Francis; Anor, Mirosevic, Urso, Gaven; Renteria, Vargas.||
OUT: FW Ben Speas (sports hernia rehab); DF Rich Balchan (sports hernia rehab); DF Julius James (R shoulder surgery rehab); FW Tommy Heinemann (L knee internal injury)
DOUBTFUL: DF Carlos Mendes (R hamstring strain)
QUESTIONABLE: MF Danny O'Rourke (L ankle)
|New York Red Bulls (4-4-2): Meara; Solli, Holgersson, Conde, Miller; Richards, Marquez, McCarty, Lindpere; Henry, Cooper.
OUT: FW Juan Agudelo (L knee surgery recovery)
QUESTIONABLE: DF Wilman Conde (groin strain)
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Columbus's defense hasn't conceded an MLS goal for 181 minutes, going back to March 10.
- New York has not beaten Columbus in an MLS match since a 1-0 home win on Aug. 30, 2009. Coach Hans Backe has never beaten the Crew.
- Both teams come into this game on the back of two-game winning streaks. New York pummeled Colorado and Montreal for nine goals, and Columbus outscored Montreal and Toronto 3-0.
- Thierry Henry leads all MLS players in scoring with five goals.
- New York's 10 team goals is the highest total in MLS.