Columbus attempts to keep its slim playoff chances alive against a New England team that is winless in seven.
|Columbus Crew (4-2-3-1): Gruenebaum; Miranda, Marshall, Mendes, Williams; Birchall, Grossman; Renteria, Higuain, Gaven; Arrieta.
OUT: FW Tommy Heinemann (L knee surgery); GK William Hesmer (R hip surgery); MF Bernardo Anor (L knee ACL tear)
DOUBTFUL: DF Rich Balchan (sports hernia rehab)
QUESTIONABLE: MF Danny O'Rourke (L ankle sprain); MF Milovan Mirosevic (R ankle inflammation)
|New England Revolution (4-4-2): Reis; Alston, Soares, McCarthy, Tierney; Guy, Feilhaber, Simms, Rowe; Sene, Bengston.
OUT: MF Sainey Nyassi (R adductor strain); GK Bobby Shuttleworth (L knee sprain)
DOUBTFUL: MF Blair Gavin (L hamstring tightness); FW Alec Purdie (L ankle sprain)
QUESTIONABLE: MF Lee Nguyen (L ankle sprain)
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- In its 14 one-goal games this season, New England has lost 12 times, the lowest mark in MLS.
- The Revolution’s last win against Columbus came on Oct. 25, 2009, at Crew Stadium, a 1-0 win. The Crew have come away with points on their last six trips to Gillette Stadium.
- New England has found offensive success with new signings this season. Newcomers Saer Sene, Lee Nguyen, Jerry Bengston and rookie Kelyn Rowe have posted a combined 16 goals and six assists in just over 5,000 minutes of play.
- New England is desperate for a victory. Since the Revs' last win on July 8, they have recorded a dismal 0-6-1 showing.
- The Crew are seven points off the pace for the last playoff spot in the Eastern Conference, with a game in hand over current occupants D.C. United.