The Galaxy looks to inch closer to the Supporters Shield at Crew Stadium, with a league record for points still possible.
Columbus Crew (4-4-2): Hesmer; Miranda, Marshall, James, Francis; Duka, O'Rourke, Rusmir, Rogers; Mendoza, Renteria.
OUT: MF Tony Tchani (R knee surgery)
DOUBTFUL: DF Rich Balchan (L oblique strain); MF Corey Veeder (L adductor strain)
QUESTIONABLE: MF Eddie Gaven (R lower leg contusion); MF Bernardo Anor (L ankle sprain); DF Chad Marshall (L hip flexor strain)
PROBABLE: FW Emilio Renteria (concussion); GK Andy Gruenebaum (R thumb fracture)
LA Galaxy (4-4-2): Ricketts; Jordan, Gonzalez, DeLaGarza, Dunivant; Franklin, Magee, Birchall, Donovan; Keane, Cardozo.
OUT: DF Sean Alvarado (R knee surgery); DF Gregg Berhalter (R foot sprain); DF Sean Franklin (R knee inflammation); DF Leonardo (R knee surgery)
QUESTIONABLE: MF David Beckham (back spasms); MF Juninho (L hamstring strain); GK Donovan Ricketts (R quad tightness)
||DID YOU KNOW?|
- The last time these teams met was on July 20, when the Galaxy earned a 1-0 victory at the Home Depot Center on a Sean Franklin goal.
- The Galaxy lost Wednesday's CONCACAF Champions League match 1-0 at LD Alajuelense of Costa Rica. In its most recent league match last weekend, LA defeated the Vancouver Whitecaps 3-0.
Columbus, meanwhile, fell 1-0 to Philadelphia last weekend.
- The MLS record for points in a season is 68, set by the Galaxy in 1998. In order to match that record, the Galaxy would need to get three wins and a draw from their remaining five league games, while anything more than that would see LA set a new league record.
- This match is nearly sold out in Columbus, and fans are being encouraged to wear all black to the game.
- LA's Landon Donovan is tied for the league lead in goals with 12, while the Crew's Andres Mendoza is tied for second with 11.