The hapless FC Dallas visits the almost equally hapless Columbus Crew, with both teams desperate to end long winless runs.
|Columbus Crew (4-4-2): Gruenebaum; Miranda, Gehrig, Williams, Vukovic; Tchani, O'Rourke, Mirosevic, Gaven; Renteria, Finlay.
OUT: FW Ben Speas (sports hernia rehab); DF Rich Balchan (sports hernia rehab); FW Tommy Heinemann (L knee surgery); DF Julius James (illness); GK William Hesmer (R hip surgery); FW Aaron Schoenfeld (R plantar fascia rupture)
DOUBTFUL: FW Olman Vargas (L hamstring contusion); DF Chad Marshall (concussion symptoms)
QUESTIONABLE: MF Danny O'Rourke (L ankle sprain); MF Dilly Duka (L hamstring strain)
DF Carlos Mendes (R hamstring strain)
|FC Dallas (4-4-2): Hartman; Loyd, John, Hedges, Benitez; Jackson, Hernandez, Jacobson, Castillo; Perez, Sealy.
OUT: MF David Ferreira (R foot surgery); MF Ricardo Villar (R foot strain); MF Andrew Wiedeman (sports hernia repair); MF Carlos Rodriguez (L elbow dislocation); MF Bobby Warshaw (R foot fracture); DF Ugo Ihemelu (concussion symptoms)
QUESTIONABLE: MF Brek Shea (L foot turf toe)
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Every regular season series between these two sides has been split evenly since the 2008 season. The home side proved victorious in 2009 and 2011. In 2010, the clubs split the points evenly both times with two draws.
- In addition to an MLS regular season game, this match will also count as part of the Lamar Hunt Pioneer Cup, named after the former owner of the two clubs.
- Both of these teams come into this game riding dismal five-game winless streaks. Dallas hasn't taken three points since April 14; Columbus's last victory was over pointless Toronto FC on March 31.
- FC Dallas hasn't scored in 209 minutes, its last goal coming in the 1-1 draw against Los Angeles on April 28.
- Columbus has only defeated Canadian teams in MLS this year. Its two victories came against Montreal and Toronto.