Columbus is unbeaten at home since July, hosting a Goats side that hasn't won in their last seven matches.
|Columbus Crew (4-2-3-1): Lampson; Miranda, Marshall, James, Williams; Birchall, Mirosevic; Duka, Higuain, Gaven; Arrieta.
OUT: FW Tommy Heinemann (L knee surgery); GK William Hesmer (R hip surgery); MF Bernardo Anor (L knee ACL tear); DF Carlos Mendes (R hamstring strain)
QUESTIONABLE: MF Danny O'Rourke (L ankle sprain); DF Rich Balchan (sports hernia rehab)
PROBABLE: FW Jairo Arrieta (R ankle contusion); FW Federico Higuain (R foot inflammation)
|Chivas USA (4-4-2): Kennedy; Riley, Califf, Valencia, Jazic; LaBrocca, Zemanski, Minda, Bolanos; Agudelo, Townsend.
OUT: GK Tim Melia (lower back)
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Back-to-back losses, following a four game winning streak, have left the Crew in sixth place in the Eastern Conference, one spot out of a playoff position.
- Chivas USA hasn't won in seven straight games.
- Federico Higuain has six assists in his first seven MLS games.
- Columbus hasn't lost at home since July 21, a run of five games. Neither of these teams has won away in this matchup since 2005.
- Shalrie Joseph (yellow card accumulation) and coach Robin Fraser (ejected against San Jose) are suspended for this match.