The Fire have surged under Mike Magee, and a trip to Columbus is a potential six-pointer in the playoff scrap.
|Columbus Crew (4-4-1-1): Gruenebaum; Gehrig, Marshall, Williams, Wahl; Oduro, O'Rourke, Tchani, Speas; Higuain; Arrieta.
OUT: Drew Beckie (L adductor strain), Eddie Gaven (L ACL rupture), Augustin Viana (R hamstring strain)
QUESTIONABLE: Ryan Finley (R Ankle Sprain), Chad Marshall (R hamstring strain), Josh Williams (L calf inflammation)
|Chicago Fire (4-4-2): Johnson; Anibaba, Berry, Soumare, Segares; Nyarko, Alex, Larentowicz, Duka; Rolfe, Magee.
OUT: Arne Friedrich (hip tightness), Steven Kinney (R quad strain)
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Columbus is currently seventh in the Eastern Conference with a 5-5-5 record, two points off the last playoff spot.
- Chicago is just one place behind, in eighth, but trails Columbus by five points. The Fire do have a game in hand, however.
- This will be the third meeting this season between these two sides. Chicago won both previous encounters, both in Chicago, 1-0 on April 20 and 2-1 on June 13.
- Since his arrival from LA less than a month ago, Mike Magee has been the catalyst for a huge Fire turnaround. Magee has scored in all three of the MLS games he has played in a Chicago shirt, helping the previously-sputtering Fire to two wins and a draw, and the team is now unbeaten in its last four.
- Dominic Oduro, who leads Columbus' offense with seven goals this season, was previously a Chicago player. He spent two years with the Fire, scoring 18 goals in 66 appearances.