The Rapids can close to within a point of Vancouver with a home win on the Fourth of July.
|Colorado Rapids (4-4-2): Pickens; Freeman, Wynne, Moor, Zapata; Mullan, Larentowicz, Rivero, Castrillon; Casey, Cummings.
OUT: DF Anthony Wallace (L Achilles tear); MF Pablo Mastroeni (headaches)
PROBABLE: DF Kosuke Kimura (L foot contusion), MF Jamie Smith (R ACL tear); FW Conor Casey (R hamstring strain); DF Marvell Wynne (R hamstring strain); FW Omar Cummings (L ankle sprain)
|Vancouver Whitecaps FC (4-3-3): Cannon; Rochat, Bonjour, DeMerit, Lee; Davidson, Koffie, Thorrington; Robson, Mattocks, Le Toux.||
OUT: FW Atiba Harris (R knee surgery recovery); FW Omar Salgado (R foot fracture); GK Brian Sylvestre (R knee surgery recovery); MF John Thorrington (R quad strain)
DOUBTFUL: MF Matt Watson (R ankle sprain)
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Rapids forward Conor Casey and midfielder Jamie Smith each scored their first goals of the season in a 3-0 victory over the Portland Timbers on Saturday.
- This is the second meeting between the two teams this season. The Whitecaps defeated the Rapids 1-0 in Vancouver on June 16.
- Vancouver head coach Martin Rennie said that new Designated Player Barry Robson will make his team debut in this match, but declined to say if he will start or not.
- With seven wins, the Whitecaps have already surpassed last year's expansion-year total of six wins.
- These two teams are next to each other in the Western Conference standings. Colorado is in fifth place with 22 points, and Vancouver is in fourth place with 26 points.